Quote of the Day

"I don't create controversies. They're there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention." - Charles Barkley

Friday, March 6, 2009

Something bad happened in Studio today

Today something bad happened at studio. We were having having this talk by Mdm Lim which is a registered QS (Quantity Surveyor) on the topic of project/development costing. One of the jobscope of a QS is to come out with an BQ (Bill of Quantity) to see whether the project is financially feasible or not. It was rather interesting letting us know that not all development can have mega rich people funding it.

The Palm Jumeriah.
Perfect example of money no object spending on development.

Therefore we must have financial control for all RATIONAL development.

Then the talk reach the Q&A session like always. I, with my jinx mouth asked a very sensitive yet important question, which is whether maintainence fees of an development, are included into the account of consideration (cause we all knew that Malaysia is famous for development projects that are Utopian and yet our maintainence are full of BS !).

Just hope that PutraJaya's Maintainence is not BS like always !

Mdm Lim told us that maintainence for a particular project are not included into the BQ (QS quote me if i am wrong here k). Then climax of the day came along, straight after she finish answering my question, dirty sewage water started pouring down from the ceiling directly above me.

How good timing can that be ! U tell me lah.

Everyone in the studio rushes out, to avoid getting soaked by sewage water.

More and more sewage water keep gashing in.

Then the water started to sip out from the studio and into the walkway.

there was so much water, even the staircase has become a makeshift waterfall.

I was able to escape the sewage water thanks to my perfectly tone, agile, strong, flexible and fast reacting body. If not i will become the laughing stock for the rest of my USM's life.

just like i told u, perfectly tone, agile, strong, flexible and fast reacting body.

After the incident, this is how my studio look like.

A total mess.

Everything is wet, soaking and my place is full of sewage water.
God knows what the heck is in that water.



U might think that the School of Housing, Building and Planning could had the best quality buildings in USM, and this is what happened. How bloody hell embarrassing is that. But just maybe HBP's teaching method is totally different from other institutions, they teaches their student what not to do by having it at your doorstep or should i say on top of your head.

Can someone call MAINTAINENCE please.

No comments: