Quote of the Day

"I don't create controversies. They're there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention." - Charles Barkley

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Designing Community

I had finally completed reading this book, it is very interesting and kind of helpful for my research proposal and for this blog, although the contents of this book is based on the UK and US planning background, but it is still very resourceful.

The most important chapter of this book that i want to point out is chapter 7

which is about Urban Design, Public Participation and Planning in Practice.



This chapter discusses the role of design in assisting public education and participation in the planning process, and how this public input can, in turn, inform and enrich urban design proposals for community development. it outlines the principles and processes for conducting successful charrettes, explains how to assemble and effective charrette team, how to develop a budget for the process, and how to create the most effective and engaging products from the event.

I greatly recommend anyone to that is interested in public participation to grab this book from the shelf.

No comments: