Quote of the Day

"I don't create controversies. They're there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention." - Charles Barkley

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Charrettes

I found this very interesting book in the library, it is "Designing Community" by David Walters.


The book focuses on many elements of urban planning in the US and UK. The main focus of the are Charrettes, Masterplans and Form-based Codes.

What is Charrettes ?

The word charrette may refer to any collaborative session in which a group of designers drafts a solution to a design problem. While the structure of a charrette varies, depending on the design problem and the individuals in the group, charrettes often take place in multiple sessions in which the group divides into sub-groups.

Each sub-group then presents its work to the full group as material for future dialogue. Such charrettes serve as a way of quickly generating a design solution while integrating the aptitudes and interests of a diverse group of people. Compare this term with workshop. - wikipedia

I am still in the progress of reading this book, once I had done reading it, I will update everyone. Anyone interested to borrow this book can msg me k !


No comments: